I am very proud to announce today that I have finished the first draft of the Vessels of Power trilogy. Darkness Rising, Sea of Storms, and Heart of the Sand all have their first drafts finished. It is a monumental accomplishment for me, but the work has only begun.
So what’s next?
I will continue publishing the remaining chapters for Heart of the Sand (we are almost at the end!) and then I enter a two-to-three month period of re-writes and revision.
Now before anyone loses their marbles, no, the core story is not being re-written.
Re-writes and revisions will encompass the following:
- Synchronizing character voice and dialogue;
- Revising a cohesive, consistent narrative style;
- Writing additional chapters for all three works (this will primarily come in the form of giving important characters more development time);
- Re-writing select aspects from all three works (the main plot will remain unaltered);
- Eliminating the time jumps from Darkness Rising;
That’s it. If you have been reading with me from day 1, you will see (in the published form) mostly a polished copy of the work you’ve grown to love, with small changes to the story.
When I finish posting the remainder Heart of the Sand chapters, I will regularly update the revision and re-writing process as I work through Darkness Rising, Sea of Storms, and Heart of the Sand. I will not be revealing spoilers of any kind; it will be more of an insight into my process.
Thank you for reading! I know you will enjoy the finished product this summer.